GEM Compliance Training
GEM Meeting the Rise in Demand for First Aid Training
At GEM Compliance Training, we specialise in delivering accredited First Aid and other Safety training to support the compliance training needs for workplaces, groups and individuals. You can either book on to one of our public courses open to anybody wishing to book a place or places for a group. These public courses are held at our training venues in Keighley, Bradford, Bingley & Skipton. Alternatively we can bring our training courses out to workplaces right across the Yorkshire region and wider areas.
Where are you based and why is it a good location for your business?
We have training venues based in Keighley, Skipton, Bradford & Bingley. Our office is based in Airedale Enterprise Services in Keighley which is a good central location to support the delivery of our public courses held in Keighley, Skipton, Bingley & Bradford and all our workplace courses across Yorkshire and the wider areas.
How did you come up with the idea?
My business partner and I have over 20 years’ experience within the training industry mainly in the delivery and management of apprenticeships and compliance training. From time to time we had to seek externally to source First Aid and other Safety training to compliment the apprenticeship we were involved in delivering. This proved difficult at times as there was not much option out there. It was during this period we realised there was a gap in the market for this type of training in the local area and the rest is history!
Who are your competitors?
There are other training providers and local colleges within the area that offer some of the courses we offer. Although our competitor’s offer similar services to us, we strive to offer unique services that our competitor’s don’t.
What’s unique about your business?
- We pride ourselves on our approach in meeting our client’s needs and offer flexibility to also run courses in evenings/weekends as we understand our client’s needs, something our competitors not always offer.
- We offer public courses at four locations, open to anybody wishing to book a place(s) that offers more flexibility than our competitors.
- We’ve integrated an online booking system into our website making it easy for our clients to book onto our public courses. We’ve also integrated our e-learning courses into our website as another option if clients cannot attend one of our face to face courses.
- We manage very active social media accounts which have been well received. We have built up a large following and we are passionate about engaging content as well as promoting our services, where we’ve run competitions, celebrated attendee’s success and kept our followers up to date with relevant industry news.
- We also work with community groups to offer low cost courses and where possible sourced funding to upskill the local communities.
Who is your mentor and how have they helped you?
David Humphreys at Airedale Enterprise Services has been assigned as our business mentor. David has always been at hand to provide us support if we have needed it. David has supported and advised when planning the growth and development of GEM Compliance Training.
Biggest achievement so far?
Our biggest achievement so far is having exceeded all our goals and objectives during our 1st year in business. We are pleased to be in front having met some of our Year 2 objectives during our 1st year! We are very proud to have developed a successful business from scratch, acquired our own office, obtained a company van and have helped and supported lots of people to achieve qualifications with us.
What’s next for your business?
We want to continue the success we have had to date and keep growing and developing GEM Compliance Training as we have done in our 1st We will be looking to expand our business by hiring additional tutors to run further courses for us, thereby meeting all our increasing customer requirements. To continue developing GEM Compliance Training by forging strong working relationships with businesses, maintain existing relationships to enable growth within the company and to continue to develop additional working partnerships to maximise our offer to our customers.
Business name: GEM Compliance Training
Founder(s) name: Gavin Milligan & Emma Milligan
Based in: Bingley, West Yorkshire